Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mile 212 - 226
Hiked out of the desert into the San Gorgonio Wilderness today.    By my reckoning this is either the third or fourth distinct mountain range I will be hiking through.  (Laguna, San Jacinto, San Bernardino and San Gorgonio).    Hiked today with Blackhawk and Backup.    Was bestowed the new trail name of Easy Miles after an encounter with some other hikers who advised that the next few miles would be easy and I responded enthusiastically by saying that I really loved the easy miles.    Hence the new name for this blog.
 These mountains are different than the San Jacintos.  There are no pine trees.  Just shades of brown with dots of green.  The highlight of the day was the Whitewater preserve.  It's a fish hatchery and park with picnic tables & shady trees & wading pool which was good for the feet.   I hiked on another 8 miles to cowboy camp near Mission creek.  The last few miles were grueling so I was satisfied with 14 miles for the day.







:

No comments:

Post a Comment