Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mile 191- 211   Ziggy & the Bear
Monday, May 7, 2012
The hike down Mt. San Jacinto turned out to be worse than the hike up.     It took 15 miles & 8000 feet of elevation loss to get to the desert floor.  Then another 5 miles through hot desert sand.  By the time I got to the I 10 underpass I was beat up, tired, & thirsty.   Someone left a cooler full of soda and beer beneath the I-10 underpass.  A can of beer never tasted so good.
At this point I am not far from Palm Springs.    Spent the night at the home of Ziggy and the Bear, trail angels, who provide all hikers with foot baths upon arrival.    It felt very biblical.
Hit the 200 mile milestone and finished section B.

Hiker Trash at ther I-10 Underpass:














Ziggy and the Bear:


No comments:

Post a Comment