Sunday, November 11, 2012

MP 2547    Mistakenly thought I'd hiked to 2550 and camped out on an old spur trail  where I could avoid other hikers.   Turns out I was camped on an abandoned trail that is designated as a short cut on some maps and rather than avoid hikers I had several of them troop through my campsite in spite of my best efforts and much to my dismay.
          I have started putting up my tent at night, which I must do if there seems to be any chance of rain, and there always is.   If I had stuck with my tarp I would be able to wait until it actually started raining before pitching the tarp.    The tent feels like a clammy little cave.     So now I pitch it, but just  sleep next to it.     When other hikers come by and see this they must think it is strange.
           I have been hiking in the valley of the Suiattle River into deep old growth which is very ancient and beautiful.   There are Western Red Cedars that I estimate to have a diameter of 12 to 15 feet.  





No comments:

Post a Comment