Sunday, November 11, 2012

MP 2486    Back on the trail.    Fall colors are a spectacular mix of red and yellow, mostly Larch and Vine Maple.   Later in the day I hiked up into the clouds and everything became eerily quiet.    I am getting to hate the tarp/tent and do wish that I had stuck with my rectangular tarp.   I took a bad fall and am bruised on my knee, ribs, wrist and cheek.    The ribs were quite painful and made it difficult to sleep.  
    It was wet last night; very quiet and secluded this morning.  Have been actively avoiding other thru-hikers.    I am hiking high above the clouds now.    There is a thick haze from smoke.
     Didn't start this morning until 9:00.   Am having trouble getting up when it is cold and wet.    I did hit the 2,500 mile mark today.



     This day is the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, I believe.    Food for thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment