Sunday, November 11, 2012

MP 2527     Camped on a high ridge above the trail where I would be unnoticed so as to avoid other hikers.   Had a tremendous view across to what I believe is Glacier Peak  (this being the Glacier Peak Wilderness).    Clouds had settled in the valley below.   As the sun began to set the clouds seemed to well up into an enormous wall of fog that moved toward me with startling speed.   Suddenly thick wisps and fingers of fog flew right past.   It was thick like smoke and everything was eerily quiet.   The sun was blotted out in a matter of minutes and I could not see more than ten or twenty feet in any direction.  I have never seen anything quite like it.   When I awoke the next morning, everything was wet with mist.

This is where I camped:


The advancing fog:

No comments:

Post a Comment