Sunday, July 8, 2012

MP 997   Dorothy Lake
Mosquitoes are driving me mad.   Tried to make dinner under my tarp last night & melted a hole in the mosquito netting.   Disaster.     Camped at about 992 and promised myself that I would wake up early to make up the miles.    Let myself down and didn't get on the trail until about 8 am.   I find that it is more difficult to wake early when the tarp is up.    Have been having trouble getting up the energy to get in my miles.   Mood has been dark.   Have only done about 15 miles a day the last several days and find myself falling behind.   Took a quick dip in Dorothy Lake which helped.   A beautiful, large black and white striped butterfly flitted down and landed on me.    I took it as a sign.   And finally I hit the 1,000 mile mark and all of a sudden my mood changed and the trail became beautiful again.

Dorothy Lake:


 1,000 Mile Mark:


Tree growing out of a rock:

No comments:

Post a Comment