Sunday, July 8, 2012

MP 1094  Echo Lake, S. Tahoe
     Had to come off the trail because of the necessity of  buying a new pair of shoes.    Unfortunately I landed on a weekend which means that I have to stay over until Monday to mail my bounce box back out.   Looking forward I am dismayed at how much hiking I have to do and how little time I have to do it in.    I will have to start hiking much harder if I am to make it to the North Cascades before the snow begins to fly in September.   From here on I plan on hiking straight through to the end of California, about 500 miles, without another zero.   I would like to average 23 miles per day which means that there will be many days when I have to walk between 25 and 30 miles.    I should be able to post from time to time but I am unlikely to have the time to post photos.   Hiking now into the Desolation Wilderness to join up with the Tahoe Rim Trail.





No comments:

Post a Comment