Friday, July 20, 2012

MP 1266 Went swimming on the middle fork of the Feather River this afternoon with Groler Bear and Shaggy. Delightful swimming hole made me feel fully restored and hiked easily for the rest of the day. Coming up from the Feather River I came upon a small forest fire. The firefighters said it had probably been caused by a hiker. They cleared a path for me and I hiked directly through the still burning rubble. Had to gasp for air because of the smoke.
Ran onto my fifth rattlesnake of the trip. Score: rattlesnakes 5; bears 1. This snake didn't rattle. It is one of the charms of the rattlesnake that they always give you fair warning. This one's failure to do so offended my sense of justice and fair play, so I poked it with a stick    July 19

Swimming Hole:




Forest Fire:


No comments:

Post a Comment