Friday, July 20, 2012

MP 1241 cont'd Am now having to watch the water situation carefully, unlike in the high sierra. Am frequently treating the water with iodine and filtering it with my bandana. For the most part, up until now, have used the water untreated without ill effect.
Stopped by a little pond called Duck Soup Lake to gather some brackish looking water. At the edge I discovered about a dozen bottles of Heinekin beer which someone had left to cool. I studied that beer for quite while. It appeared that no one had been there for days or even weeks. I wrestled with the situation and finally left the beer untouched, not because it belonged to someone else but, rather, because of the realization that once I took the beer the empty bottle would belong to me and I didn't want to have to pack the extra weight out.

No comments:

Post a Comment