Tuesday, June 26, 2012

MP 845    Was woken up this morning by an angry red squirrel who chattered and scolded me.   When I got up I discovered that the squirrel had chewed the straps off of my trekking poles.

Crossed the Muir Pass in the early afternoon.   Stopped for a break at the unique stone hut on the summit.    Today was one of my best days hiking.    Powered up the pass and had a feeling of total freedom as I stood atop.  

Yesterday I started developing shin splints on my left leg just as my right leg is feeling better.  I am getting tired of this.     Stopped early at MP 827 and camped with a JMT hiker, Dennis, from New Zealand.  

Walking has been through valleys with sparkling rivers and magnificent huge trees.   There is little sound except the river, the wind and an occasional bird.



Stone hut on Muir Pass:


No comments:

Post a Comment