Sunday, September 16, 2012

MP 2402 Snoqualmie Pass - After leaving White Pass I camped at MP 2318, 2343, 2361 and 2387. Tripped over a root that put a big tear in the top of my shoe. My shoe then caught on a branch which tripped me and poked into the top of my middle toe. I was able to limp into Snoqualmie Pass only with the aid of large quantities of vicodin. Toe may be broken. I had Annette send a different pair of shoes only to find that i can not wear them because they pinch the toe and are too painful. Took a zero here but hike out tomorrow with shoes repaired with duct tape. I only have 250 miles to go and am determined to finish. Must hike out now because the fair weather will not last much longer. Have been feeling sad, nevertheless, because the hike is coming to an end.

Mt. Rainier:





No comments:

Post a Comment