Thursday, April 12, 2012

Many ask me if I intend to mail food and supplies to myself along the way.    There  are two schools of thought on this.    I would guess that about half of the thru hikers on the PCT mail the bulk of their supplies and about half simply buy their supplies at stores as they go.    I plan on the latter method, except that I will mail food ahead to two locations:   Kennedy Meadows and Warner Springs.    I may also, at times, send supplies ahead by mail in a box (actually a bucket) which will accompany (or bounce) with me along the trail.     
 
 Those who have hiked the trail seem to agree that even if you do resupply by mail you will almost inevitably be stopping at towns for additional food, etc.    So why bother with the huge effort of shopping and mailing I ask myself?    So I will stop at towns, probably once every 4 to 6 days to resupply with food and fuel.     That's the plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment